Dermal Filler Instructions
Pre Care Instructions
Pre Treatment Instructions
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginko, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for 2 weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising
- One week prior to your next treatment with dermal filler, avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort and high doses of Vitamin E supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
Post Care Instructions
Post Treatment Instructions
- Immediately after the treatment, the most commonly reported side effects were temporary redness and swelling at the injection site. These effects typically resolve within two to three days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling. If the inconvenience continues beyond two to three days or if other reactions occur, please contact our office.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Until the initial redness and swelling have resolved, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (sunlamp or sunbathing).
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another recurrence. Please check with our nurse practitioner about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol for six hours post-treatment.
- Evidence shows that having a follow-up treatment before the product has fully dissipated will enhance the lasting effect. Please be sure to consult with our nurse practitioner about recommendations for touch-up or follow-up treatments.
- Although rare, infection in the injected area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
Please contact us if you have any questions.